Administrative Manager (GMG/AM 4)
Bureau of Gender Affairs
Salary Range: $1,410,802 – $1,677,000 per annum and any allowances attached to the post.
Under the direction of the Principal Director, responsible for providing and managing the administrative and support services of the Bureau of Gender Affairs in the areas of Human Resource Management, Office Management, and Records Management in keeping with the policies and procedures of the Ministry.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS INCLUDE:
- Participates in the development and implementation of programmes for the Branch’s corporate and operational plans;
- Manages the purchases of goods and services for the Bureau of Gender Affairs;
- Provides support and monitors the financial, administrative and human resources processes and procedures to ensure consistency and compliance with established acts, regulations and policies of the Ministry and the Branch;
- Prepares and submits standard and special reports as required.
- Prepares and maintains up-to-date personnel records for staff of the Bureau
- Establishes and maintains a communication system to facilitate the timely and effective flow of information on employee related matters between the Bureau and the parent ministry;
- Manages the purchases of goods and services for the Branch within established guidelines;
- Monitors and ensures the timely preparation and submission of financial reports to the parent ministry;
- Manages the maintenance of the office environment and ensures building services are of the highest standards and conducive to work;
- Develops and implements systems to maintain asset inventory control and coordinated the movement, repair and disposal of assets;
- Develops and maintains of an appropriate and modern records and mail management system for the Branch;
Human Resource Management
- Develops and manages the performance of the unit and its staff, including transferring skills, motivating staff through coaching and mentoring, arranging for training, setting performance targets, monitoring performance, providing feedback to staff and initiating corrective action where necessary to improve performance;
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of staff and recommends movement when appropriate;
- Recommends vacation leave and approves sick and departmental leave for staff in the unit and participates in the administration of staff benefits in keeping with established human resource policies;
- Conducts monthly and other ad hoc staff meetings as required.
- Sound knowledge of Government of Jamaica (GOJ) procurement regulations, policies and procedures and familiarity with funding agencies requirements
- Good knowledge of public sector Human Resource Management policies and guidelines
- Customer and quality focus
- Ability to manage external relationships
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office Suite and other relevant computer applications and systems
- Oral and written communication skills
- Problem solving and decision making
- Planning and organising
- Team work and cooperation
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Interpersonal skills
- Managing External Relationships
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate degree in Management Studies or Public Administration or equivalent from a recognised institution;
- Training in Supervisory Management, Human Resource Management and Office Management Practices would be an asset
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a related position.
Director, Human Resource Management and Development
Ministry of Culture, Gender, Entertainment and Sport
4-6 Trafalgar Road, Kingston 5
We thank all applicants for their expressions of interest, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.