Please note, this initiative is oversubscribed and the Ministry has stopped accepting applications.
The Ministry of Culture, Gender, Entertainment and Sport invites Entertainment, Culture and Creative Industries practitioners who have been affected by the pandemic to apply for a one-off ECCI Covid-19 Grant of $60,000.00.
Before applying, please ensure that you meet the following criteria:
- You must be signed up to the Ministry of Culture, Gender, Entertainment and Sport's e-Registry.
If you're not signed up to the e-Registry, or registered before April 2020, or uncertain about when you were registered, please sign up here.
Once you've successfully signed up to the e-Registry, you will receive a PDF file in your email. You will need that file to complete your ECCI Covid-19 Grant application.
- You must have a bank account (with any local bank) in Jamaican currency, or must be the holder of a NCB Prepaid Mastercard.
If you do not have a bank account, please contact any commercial bank to sign up. If you prefer to apply for an NCB Prepaid Mastercard, see instructions here.
- You must be a registered member of one of the established industry organisations (most are listed on the online grant application form).
Once you have satisfied the criteria, you can move to filling out the ECCI Covid-19 Grant Application form here.
The competition is open to Jamaicans resident in Jamaica or overseas (must be the holder of a valid Jamaican Passport).
A certified copy of the Biographic Data page of your passport must accompany the submission.
All submissions must be sent using the form below.
Only complete submissions will be considered. A submission will only be deemed complete if it includes all the following:
1. Copy of Biographic Data Page of Jamaican Passport
2. Email Address
3. Design in JPEG format
4. Narrative (at least 100 words) which describes the design
The logo should reflect the national colours and or national symbol(s) of Jamaica and reflective of the Jamaican spirit. The Government of Jamaica will have exclusive rights to use of the winning design in perpetuity.
Members of staff of the Ministry of Culture, Gender, Entertainment and Sport and its Agencies and their family members are not eligible to enter the competition.
Deadline for submission: Friday January 19, 2021 at midnight.