Representing the Honourable Olivia Grange, Minister of Culture, Gender, Entertainment and Sport, newly appointed State Minister in the Ministry, the Honourable Alando Terrelonge (left) welcomed the triumphant Jamaica CARIFTA Games team on their arrival at the Norman Manley International Airport on Tuesday, April 3. With Minister Terrelonge are: Briana Williams (2nd left), who was named the Austin Sealy Award winner for her outstanding performances, winning 3 gold medals and setting a new 100m Championship record; Christopher Taylor (right), male team Captain, winner of the U-20 200m and a member of both the 4x100m and 4x400m relays and Dr Warren Blake, President of the Jamaica Athletics Administrative Association. Minister Terrelonge told the team that the country was deeply appreciative of their superlative performance at the Games and that they could be assured of the Ministry’s support at all time.
Ministry of Sport Thanks CARIFTA Team
Latest from Super User
- Noticeable Progress in West Indies Women’s Cricket – Grange
- ‘Grange Welcomes Shelly-Ann’s Return to the Track at Maquette Unveiling’
- Grange launches gender-based violence prevalence survey; calls on men to end the violence
- Culture Minister Cites Importance of Advanced Training for Professionals in the Creative Industries
- Grange hails Seaga as great visionary as highway renamed in his honour