Director, Community Liaison (GMG/SEG 2) (NOT VACANT) – January 2020 to April 2021 – Bureau of Gender Affairs
Salary Range: $1,927,065 - $2,290,674 per annum and any allowance(s) attached to the post
Under the direction of the Senior Director, Gender Affairs the Director, Community Liaison is responsible for the implementation of policies in relation to social development, community development, values and attitudes, poverty eradication and other gender related issues to assist with the improvement of the social and economic development of both women and men nationally.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS INCLUDE:
- Participates in the development and implementation of the Division’s operational plan and annual budget;
- Coordinates and manages the work of the Unit to maximise efficiency and productivity in achieving the mandate of the Division.
- Conducts the relevant research, in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders in order to develop national policies that impacts both men and women in the society;
- Uses research and cooperation with local and international organisations to develop policies whose implementation will result in eliminating violence against and trafficking in persons;
- Manages the collection and compilation of quantitative and qualitative data as well as summarise and analyse the data to drive effective gender policies;
- Promotes awareness on human rights, sexual and reproductive health and gender-based violence through various community-based activities and observation of the relevant commemorative activities;
- Develops and enforces policies that encourage gender mainstreaming and the elimination of gender-based violence.
Human Resource Management Responsibilities
- Develops and manages the overall performance of the Division and its staff, including transferring skills, motivating staff through coaching and mentoring, arranging for training, setting performance targets, monitoring performance, providing feedback to staff and initiating corrective action where necessary to improve performance.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Sound knowledge of research, policy design and reporting
- Sound knowledge of interpreting and analysing qualitative and quantitative statistics and presenting statistical data
- Knowledge of gender mainstreaming;
- Knowledge of local and International Gender Policies
- Knowledge of the machinery of government (policies/programmes) and steps in the legislative process
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and other relevant computer applications and systems
- Strong customer and quality focus
- Oral and written communication skills
- Strategic vision and analytical thinking
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Team work and cooperation
- Planning and organising skills
- Good negotiating skills
- Leadership and people management skills
- Ability to manage external relationships
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- First Degree in Social Sciences, Gender and Development Studies, Development Studies or related area;
- At least three (3) years’ experience including three (1) year in a supervisory capacity in a related field;
- Training in Human Resource Management/Supervisory Management.
No later than Friday, December 20, 2019 to:
Director, Human Resource Management and Development
Ministry of Culture, Gender, Entertainment and Sport
4-6 Trafalgar Road
We thank all applicants for their expressions of interest, however only short listed candidates will be contacted.